remember that time I wrote about how I wished people spoke more highly of marriage and spouses?
The next day, literally 24 hours later, my mom sent me the following email.
10 PIECES OF ADVICE TO BE PASSED ON TO YOUR MOM, YOUR DAUGHTERS OR
GRANDDAUGHTERS, NIECES, AUNTS, GIRLFRIENDS, ETC.
1. Don’t imagine you can change a man – unless he’s in diapers.
2 What do you do if your boyfriend walks out? You shut the door.
3. If they put a man on the moon – they should be able to put them all up
4. Go for the younger man.. You might as well, they never mature anyway.
5. Men are all the same – they just have different faces, so we can tell
6. Best way to get a man to do something is to suggest he is too old for
7. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.
8. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years. Even in
Biblical times, men wouldn’t ask for directions.
9. If he asks what sort of books you’re interested in, tell him check
10. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes,
it means that you laugh at his.
Then… she forwarded me this email:
Once upon a time, an old man and his ever-nagging wife went to Jerusalem. While on their trip, the wife died. The undertaker told the husband “You can have her shipped back to the United States for $5,000 or you have her buried here for $150. What would you like to do?” The husband responded, “Please send her back to the US. Apparently, a long time ago, they buried a man here and he came back to life 3 days later. I can’t take that chance.”
Here’s the lovely couple…
I would just like to state for the record that (a) Momma Dunn has a sick sense of humor, which is why I am the way I am, and (b) she and my dad have been happily married for 28 years.