When God is quiet, it forces me to recognize that I so often value:
1. His voice above His promised victory
2. His gifts above His endless grace
3. His safety above His sure salvation
4. His presence above His perfect peace
5. His Provision above His constant presence
6. His marvels above His ceaseless mercy
Is it just me, or have we become a church that prefers the gifts above the Giver? Have we forgotten our first Love and been drawn away by a lust for signs and wonders instead of the steady and wonderful person of Jesus Christ?
May we never tire of who God is. May what He can do for us never be the soul substance of our faith.